Qualities of saintly persons – 6
November 1, 2009 Leave a comment
om sri gurave namah
Here are five more divine qualities that Lord Krishna mentions to Arjuna in Srimad Bhagavad Gita. Let us strive to inculcate these qualities in our lives.
[The Supreme Person, Krishna mentions 26 qualities in all in the first 3 verses of Chapter 16.]
16. Mercy/Compassion towards all living entities: (We should feel compassion towards all beings, especially if they are in distress. Strive to alleviate their misery.)
17. Absence of greed/ Non-covetousness: Do not have greed for sense gratification; be satisfied with what is allotted to you in life.
18. Gentleness/Humility: Such behavior is appropriate for saintly association. Strive to be free from cruelty and harshness.
19. Modesty: Shyness in decorum, and hesitancy even in the thought of wrong-doing.
20. Determination/ Absence of fickleness: This is needed to keep trying even in the face of perceived failure; Determination to remain firm against temptations presented to one; Avoidance of frivolous activities.
Here is the verse from Srimad Bhagavad Gita [Chapter 16, verse 2].
Here is the transliteration:
[Material for the above was taken from here, and other sites. All mistakes in the above presentation are mine.]